I believe that many car owners have encountered the phenomenon of headlights and fogging. Some car owners also have doubts in their hearts: Is fogging abnormal? Is there a problem with the lights? What is the truth? Please see below:
1. Is the headlight of the car foggy normally?
Vehicle headlight fogging is a common physical phenomenon. The main reason is that external high-humidity air enters the interior of the lamp when the temperature inside the lamp suddenly drops. When the hot air inside the lamp encounters the cold lamp cover, it will liquefy. Small drops of water adhere to the inner wall of the lampshade, forming the fog we see.
In order to ensure the balance of the pressure inside and outside the headlights, the headlight assembly is designed with a venting hole with dustproof function. Under normal circumstances, when the temperature of the lampshade is equal to the temperature of the hot air in the lampshade, no new fog will be generated. The mist that has already formed will slowly evaporate and disappear.
Note that if it is in the winter, the fogging phenomenon of the headlights is more obvious. In order to make the fog of the headlights disappear quickly, the headlights can be turned on for about 15 minutes before the vehicle travels, and the heat of the headlights is used to dissipate the mist.
Second, how to judge whether the headlights are fogging or water?
(1) Fogging is the condensation of water vapor on the headlights. The influent water is accumulated in the bottom of the headlights, and the influent is usually accompanied by fogging.
(2) After the headlights are found to have water vapor, after 15 minutes of turning on the headlights, 95% of the water vapor can evaporate, which is normal fogging. If there is still a large amount of water and water vapor, the headlights will enter the water.
Third, the difference between headlight fog and water?
(1) The reason for the fogging of the headlights is mostly due to the high humidity of the air, which causes the water vapor in the air to condense in the headlights. Generally, there is not a lot of water vapor condensation in the headlights. After turning on the headlights for 15 minutes, 95% of the water vapor will evaporate and will not remain in the headlights.
(2) Headlights into the water: Due to the rain, car wash, snowing caused a large amount of water inside the car headlights, indicating that the headlights have been severely sealed and the water is not tight. At this time, the interior of the car headlights not only has a large amount of fog but also a large amount of water. If your car is after washing the car, after the rain, after the snow, the car headlights will always have a lot of fog and stagnant water, please go to the nearest 4S shop in time.
(1) Why is there a fog in the lamp and no fog in the other lamp?
Due to the external environment, the temperature of the lampshade is different. The temperature of the lampshade on one side is close to the temperature of the hot air in the lampshade, so the lamp will not generate fog; the temperature of the lampshade that is not exposed to sunlight is low, so fog will be generated. .
(2) Why is the fog fixed in a certain corner?
The temperature of the headlight low beam illumination is high, and the fog is easy to dissipate. However, the temperature at the edge of the headlight that is not illuminated by the light angle is still low, and the mist dissipates slowly, so some parts are foggy.
(3) Does the headlight fog affect the service life of the lamp?
The life of the lamp depends mainly on the voltage of the lamp and the lamp, and the fog has no effect on the life of the lamp.